Tabs

Friday, October 22, 2010

It's so yummy, in my tummy!

October 22nd, 2010

This is not a food challenge, but just something yummy!!

Tonight since it's Friday

and because I have a secret love affair with pasta (don't tell Brandon)

I made some fettuccine alfredo with grilled chicken!

Did you know that...?

Fettuccine alfredo was named after restaurteur Alfredo di Lello, who created it.

Know you know!!!


lol. Thanks Betty Crocker!

I grilled chicken breasts on the George Forman, which in my opinion is a MUST HAVE in all kictchens.
I added a dash of Mrs.Dash as it cooked.


Doesn't it look good enough to eat. Please, no licking the screen.

The alfredo sauce was pretty easy to make.
All you need is 1/2 whiping cream, 1/2cup butter (melted together till boiling)
reduce to simmer till it thickens slightly
remove from heat and add in 3/4 cup parmesian cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a dash of pepper.

DONE!

I actually doubled my alfredo recipie cause I had an already opened carton of heavy whipping cream that I didn't want to go to waste so I doubled it.

My suggestion is don't double the parmesean cheese. There was a lot of it, a little too much if you ask me.

Cook some noodles, pour on the sauce, top with chicken, and sprinkle with parsley!



Brandon loved it so much he had two helpings and made himself sick!

I like keeping my hubby happy like that! :)

~Becky

No comments: