Tabs

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

OBJECTION!!

I saw a quote the other day and it was one that I disagreed with. Usually when I find a quote I don’t agree with or don’t like, I’ll just skip over it or ignore it and move on, But this one really stuck with me and really bothered me. The quote said,

“Live your life so that you don’t need a diary”

I have no idea who said it cause the place I saw it didn’t properly reference it. But I really don’t like it. I do have a journal yes, I don’t write in it all the time but I do have one. And I had a diary or journal growing up. When I look at my past writings I don’t care so much who reads it because it is my past. But there are things that I write that I don’t want anyone to see. Not that they are bad or hurtful, but they are my own private thoughts and ramblings a lot of times when I am emotional. It is a good way to get out my feelings and really organize my thoughts without worrying about what I am saying or who is reading or listening or anything like that. I don’t have to be completely coherent or make sense to others because my journal writing is between myself and God and we understand what I write and no one else needs to.

I think it’s impossible to live that kind of life. To me it’s like saying that you can’t have your own space to write down your feelings. If you can’t share your feelings with people than you have to keep them bottled up. I don’t agree with that. Sometimes writing out your ideas and your feelings helps you think through situations that if you had just said them to people would have caused a lot of hurt. Also sometimes the best stories and songs come from peoples diaries, their private thoughts and life.

All I wanted to say about that quote was I don’t like it! I really don’t! It can give young impressionable people the wrong idea.

No comments: