Tabs

Monday, October 13, 2008

With the changing of the season hastening in the many wonderful holidays, my mum and I have started our yearly tradition of listening to Christmas music.

While I love Christmas music there is one song that has always confused me as to why it is considered a Christmas song as it has nothing to do with Christmas and is not even known for being in a Christmas movie! That song is "My Favorite Things" made well known by The Sound of Music.

It's a fine song, I just don't like that it is played at Christmas cause it has NOTHING to do with Christmas.

Also when I listen to this song I think,

'Wait a minute...these may not be my favorite things...sure they are nice, but I don't consider them my favorite things!'

So I wrote my own lyrics to My Favorite Things with what MY favorite things are.

(And just to clarify the tune is My Favorite Things.)

Sun on my face, and the warm summer breezes
Sweet scents of flowers and hot cups of coffee
Portland at night all lit up and sparkling
These are a few of my favorite things

Leaves changing colors, long drives thorough the country
Dark chocolate and dancing and innocent kisses
Music that moves me that I love to sing
These are a few of my favorite things

What its raining for 3 months straight
And it makes me sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

Jazz music, movies, and ball gowns that sparkle
Hot showers and dark nights with stars shining brightly
Thunder storms grumble and lightning flashing
These are a few of my favorite things

Warm snuggles and campfires and blankets so cozy
Shooting stars, beach days the smell of fresh laundry
Wind in the trees, bright green hills, friends hugging
These are a few of my favorite things.



Visit my blog at http://beckymae39.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... Yes the seasons are changing.... But it is still too early for Christmas Music....

Becky Kraft said...

It's never to early! We are told that we should keep the spirit of Christmas alive all year! What better way to do it than listening to Christmas music!