Tabs

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Romancing a stone

There are days when I feel distant from God, ya know? I know that HE is there, and I know that HE is providing and blessing me, even though I don't see it. That is where my faith comes in. I gain my understanding that "...faith is the evidence of things unseen..." ("In my minds eye" by DC Talk). I sometimes can't see it, or maybe I don't completely understand it but I know and I believe it.

What I really wanted to say though is the times God is providing and faithful and blessing me in my life and I DO see it!

Last week I hung out with one of my best friends Christi. We had lunch, did some shoe shopping and then went to the book store. While there I found a book I really wanted, which isn't hard cause I LOVE BOOKS!!!! And I tend to buy a lot of them. But this was a book that had been recommended by several people and that had been on my lists of books to buy for a while. It was of course at full price but I picked it up and said I'll just hold onto it while I think about it. Christi happened to have a copy which she would let me borrow so I was considering that.

While we continued our shopping time we wandered into the music area of the book store and I found a display of head phones. I lent mine to a friends sister on a trip and I haven't received them back, but it's really no big deal. So I have been thinking about buying a new pair for a while, but I just haven't. so this day I thought, "well, maybe I'll pick up a pair..." while I stood there deciding what type of headphones I wanted, I rationalized with myself that I really didn't need to buy headphones today, plus I'm trying to be wiser with the little money I'm blessed with, and I figured that I have lived with out headphones for over a month and it hasn't killed me yet, so I could wait a little longer before I got some. I also decided that the book could wait and that I could borrow it from Christi later on, besides I'm reading another book right now so I prolly wont read it for a while. So in the end I walked out of the store with no purchases (which is pretty good considering it was a book store!)

Later that day I was hanging out with Brandon at his place, and he nonchalantly handed my a pair of headphones he had bought earlier that summer. I didn't think anything of it at the time, I was kind of surprised, but he explaind that he had found a pair in storage the other day and didn't need these anymore. I took them thnakfully and stuck them in my purse. Later that night I realized what had happend and I had to thank Brandon again. He had just given me a free pair of the same headphones I had been looking at earlier that day! It was amazing, a total God thing that I didn't buy them and that Brandon gave them to me!

I was so thankful for God's provision on something so small! It totally made my week to see his blessing in my life. But HE wasn't finished with me yet!

That next Sunday I was hanging out with a friend and we took a trip to Goodwill (which is, btw, the BEST place to get books!) and I spied a book by the same author of the other book I wanted to buy at the bookstore. I wasn't sure if it was the dame book I wanted cause the cover was different, so I asked my mom to check my book list for me, which I had left at home, and it turned out it was! I was amazed! Here was the very same book for $4!! God had provided me with the very book I desired at 1/4 of the cost! Not only that, but there were 2 copies and I had my friend buy the other one cause this was too good a deal to pass up.

God had provided me with 2 things, 2 things I desired that week! I don't know what I can attribute it too. It was nothing that I did. I didn't pray for these things, I didn't ask God, I never thought that I would find these things at a better price and save myself money. But God saw the desire in me for these things, and maybe they are trivial and small things, but to HIM, HE saw a small trinket, a toy that costs pennies to HIM but would make his daughter happy and HE bought them for me. HE provided these things!

It just amazes me to think about how much God loves me and shows me HIS love when HE does that. HE can see into my desires, I don't need to tell HIM! HE already knows! I love it! I love HIM!

My Father, my God...He is providing, He is romancing me, I am falling in love with HIM more and more, not because HE buys me things, but because HE cares about me, even down to the smallest most insiginificant desire or want I have. I can't even begin to fathom the depth of HIS love...

2 comments:

Alexis said...

how awesome! What book was it?

Becky Kraft said...

It was Reedeming Love. I'm really excited to read it!