Tabs

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

So I was thinking that maybe I should start with that obligatory "Welcome and Hello" blog, but I figured I'd skip that since no one really wants to read that.

Today I hung with Brandon, which is what we do every Tuesday, and we went to his storage unit to move some of his stuff that he doesn't use out of his room. While there we were goofing off and I tried to run away from Brandon and I lost my footing and fell. In the process of falling I hit the door frame where the door part (the thing that sticks out) goes into the frame (the part with the hole) and I scraped my arm by my armpit and tore my shirt. I also scraped my knee a bit and slammed my hands into the ground. I'm doing just fine, I have a lovely scratch and bruise on my arm from where I hit the door frame, and a little blood on my shirt.

Brandon was very concerned, but I laughed. I think it is hilarious when I fall, and I have fallen so many times in my life that it doesn't bother me anymore. Plus having scars makes me feel COOL!! I relate my fall though to my Christian life.

(I'm gonna make this specific, put it in self terms and not general "we", "us" terms)

I think that sometimes I'm afraid to "fail" or "fall" so I don't do the things that God has planed for me. But sometimes I think HE wants me to "fall". Not because HE is mean, or vicious, or that HE relishes in Schadenfreude (Pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune. Pretty much why we laugh when people fall down or get hit or something like that), but I think that sometimes HE wants me to "fall" because through that pain and experience I learn a lesson and I grow as a person.

I also can attribute this experience to running ahead of God. And sometimes falling is God's way of telling me to SLOW DOWN!!! I can get ahead of God on things and maybe that's not where HE want's me or I'm supposed to get there a different way but I want to be there NOW so I run, and I loose my balance cause my focus is no longer on God and HIS will but myself and my will.

So
"...in the end" (Phrase from Golden Slumbers from Happy Feet soundtrack), what was the lesson I learned?

Don't run with flip flops on smooth cement.

~Becky

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's so great to see you have a blog! I hope you will heal quickly. You should think of a cool story when people ask you what happend...attacked by wild dogs for example. :)
Alexis-