Tabs

Monday, September 20, 2010

Cooking Challenge #1

September 20th, 2010

So a group of us have decided to blog together and cook delicious foods as a loving community!

Alexis has graciously put us together to create amazing homemade masterpieces with the help of The Pioneer Woman http://thepioneerwoman.com

This week Melissa Silva (http://ms07123.blogspot.com/) chose the recipe.
The delicious Crispy Yogurt Chicken
Here's the link: for the Pioneer Woman's recipe and instructions. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/08/crispy-yogurt-chicken/

Here is my delicious concoction.

Ingredients:
Chicken Legs, Plain Yogurt, Bread Crumbs, Butter, Garlic Cloves, Lemon Juice, Salt.










I had to use what I had in my kitchen already. I've been grocery shopping already for this week and i really didn't want to have to buy more chicken since I already bought meat. So I had to use what I had...which was 3 chicken legs.

Also Ree suggested plain breadcrumbs, but I had pre-seasoned crumbs with garlic salt, and onion powder and parsley.



In a bowl, put 1 cup plain yogurt. Remember I halved my recipe, so double this for a regular batch.



Add in parsley. I also decided to throw in some rosemary. mmmmmmm.....
Ree used fresh parsley, but I don't have a huge garden in which to pick fresh parsley.



Mince one clove garlic. (I can't wait till I have a garlic press! Then I will have no more yucky garlicy fingers that chase away even the thoughts of vampires from other peoples heads for the next 2 days!)

Mix into yogurt and seasonings.



In a second bowl measure out breadcrumbs, about 1 cup is what I used. My breadcrumbs are pre-seasoned, so that's what you see there.



Butter a glass cooking dish. Cause NObody want's to scrub baked on ANYthing!



Wash and salt the chicken and slather on the yogurt mix.



Bread the yogurt drenched chicken and place in the pan. Put a slice of butter on the largest part of the chicken, cause breadcrumbs will dry it out.

Cover in foil and Bake at 350 for 45 min. The last 15 min I uncovered it till it was brown and sizzling. The regular recipe is bake for1 hour.



And here's our delicious dinner!

Brandon says it's blog worthy.

I quite enjoyed it!
Good pick Melissa!

~Becky

Crispy Yogurt Chicken
c/o The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
2 cups Plain, Unflavored Yogurt
2 cloves (to 3 Cloves) Garlic
Parsley, To Taste
1 whole (juice Of) Lemon
Chicken Legs (or Thighs, Etc.)
Salt To Taste
2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
Butter (1 Pat For Each Piece Of Chicken)
Preparation Instructions
Pour yogurt into a mixing bowl. Peel and mince garlic; add garlic to the yogurt. Chop up a small amount of fresh parsley and add it to the yogurt. Add lemon juice. Mix together to combine.
Rinse chicken and pat it dry. Sprinkle with (kosher) salt.
In another bowl, place the bread crumbs. Sprinkle with salt and stir lightly.
Butter a baking dish. With a pair of tongs, place the chicken, one piece at a time into the yogurt mixture. Turn it over thoroughly to coat. Then roll the chicken in the Panko bread crumbs. Cover each piece thoroughly with bread crumbs and place in the baking dish.
Place a slice of butter over the large part of each chicken piece. Cover with foil and bake in a 350º oven for 1 to 1 ¼ hours, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes of cooking. When the chicken is nice and golden, remove from the oven and enjoy!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Looks fabulous! So glad you enjoyed it :)