Tabs

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Books

August 25th, 2010

Welcome to post #80.

On a side note, I almost typed 2004 today. Talk about living in the past.

On to today's topic.

BOOKS!!



I love books.

I love to read them.

Smell them.

Touch them.

Organize them.

Open a brand new book is amazing!

sigh...



I love to shop for books.
It's like treasure hunting!

these are my favorite spots to hit:

1. Goodwill. Especially the ones in Portland because they have a lot of books that are new or popular. That's where the extra books from libraries, schools, and desperate housewife bookclubs end up after the newness has worn off.

2. Powells. Hello!! The city of books! It's still the only place that I can get completely turned around in. I'm almost 50% sure of where the different sections are located and how to get there.

3. Borders. Not only do they have books, but they have music AND coffee, my next two favorite things after books. Plus this is one book store that you don't have to pay $25 a year to have a membership. It's free and you accumulate points which can get you books at ridiculously low prices, or even free!

4. Barnes and Noble. There are more of these than Borders, but they are a little more expensive. They also have music and coffee. But again more expensive. But hey! It made my list.

so.. What is the latest book you finished reading.
Did you like it? Why or why not?
What genre?
Would you recommend it?

Mine is The Vampire Assistant series. I had seen the movie and was curious. The movie was cut vastly short and was different. Same basic premise though. The book series was 12 books long, but they were easy reads.

I did enjoy them but they were completely predictable as in I pretty much had a good idea how the books would play out. who would live and die, how they would die, who would develop into important future character rolls in the book and such. But it was still good.

It was young adult fiction, in the almost horror. It wasn't really horrific, but it would probably go in that category. Nothing bad or gruesome happened.

I would recommend it for those who are middle through high school, or like to read young adult fiction novels. If you like books about vampires, NOT TWILIGHT VAMPIRES!!!, then you would probably enjoy it.

So let me know what you've read now!

~Becky

No comments: