Tabs

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Today's thoughts

I'm so bored right now. I should be doing other things but I don't have any motivation.

Thankfully I'm graduating this weekend. My bill is paid off to the school and my cap and gown are here.

I have good friends who bring me food.

I sometimes wonder if I had been able to look at my life in the future if I would like where my life is. Would I be surprised that my closest friends I grew up with aren't the people I talk to everyday anymore? Would I be happy with being a teacher? What about getting married? Would I think I would be ready by 23?

I wonder sometimes what people actually think of me...do they like me? do they put me in a box, stereotype me? And where do i fall in that?

I noticed that I don't sing as much as I used to. I don't mean in a choir or voice lessons. But just sang to myself. I used to wake every morning and start singing. In the shower, as I dressed, all day. I don't anymore. Sing the song inside of me. I can't find it anymore. That simple song that is in me from the moment I wake up. I used to be able to sing a song at a moments notice, but now when I try my mind is blank.

I wish I could capture that carefree, unburdened life of my childhood. When I didn't know. When I was still naive.

I was watching Heroes and I teared up. I'm watching House now and it is very interesting.

I hope that I have learned how to have appropriate reactions to conversations I participate in. If I haven't before, than I'm sorry if I've offended you.

This is just my rantings. Don't worry about it. I'm really ok. Theses are just some observations.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I don't think you're crazy- and I know what you mean. I used to wake up and hear a song in my head. Now I think I'm hardened to it. It's depressing thinking about it. Maybe more time jumping in puddles, driving to the coast spontaniously and cranking the music in the car will help. Who ever said being an adult had to be boring?! We can eat our dessert first and stay up till 3 am! Get loose Alexis!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I like to hear you sing. I know Jesus does too...

Love you