Tabs

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bike Day!!

July 28th, 2010

Today is Bike Day at work! Pretty much the kids brought their bikes, or scooters, or skateboards and ride around the parking lot. It's nice and empty since it's summer. The kids love it.



I decided I would also teach them hand signals for bike riding, then set up a path to follow and use their hand signals.



There was one girl who showed up in the middle of the ride and seriously was on her bike for 5 seconds when she crashed her bike into someone else and fell down scraping both her knees.

She was fine.

I told her so.

She cried for 30 seconds.

The trick is to act like it's no big deal, then the child will be fine and calm and wont be bawling in your ear. The problem is other people who freak out and make it sound all bad and worse than it is. Then the kid starts freaking out.

So...

to everyone out there...

PLEASE GO AWAY AND STOP SCARING PEOPLE!! IT'S NOT THAT BAD!!!

gosh...

~Becky

P.S.
I didn't have my regular camera on me so I used my phone to take pictures.

No comments: